The Campus Environment Team (CET), also known as the University Diversity Committee, is committed to the mission to create a community of inclusiveness that appreciates, celebrates, and respects diversity. Additionally, the committee assists the University in achieving its diversity goals (per EKU Strategic Plan) “to promote and support an inclusive climate that respects and celebrates diversity by attracting, developing and educating a diverse student, faculty and staff population,” and serves as an advisory body on diversity issues to the President of Eastern Kentucky University.
The University Diversity Committee is charged to do the following:
- FACILITATE communication of EKU’s commitment to diversity.
- ENGAGE the campus in supporting and celebrating diversity.
- ASSIST with the continued development of a campus climate and culture that supports and celebrates diversity.
- Serve in an ADVISORY capacity to campus community to meet diversity goals of Strategic Plan.
- Be available to COLLABORATE with and build coalitions among campus groups.
- PROMOTE a culture of respect for physical environment.
- Serve as CAMPUS ENVIRONMENT TEAM under the statewide Diversity Policy. The Team demonstrates the University’s role in supporting the statewide Diversity Policy and the work of the University Diversity Office.